Friday, October 3, 2008

The revolving door of the doctor's office

So at first I was kind of excited about going to the pediatrician, he is young, kinda cute, really nice, GREAT with the kids. I was slightly afraid I'd never learn his name though. I mean heck, I still have the old pedi's name written on the side of my fridge because I couldn't remember that! It's not like I go to the Dr that often anyway. Well, that used to be the case. I feel like I've seen more of Dr. G in the last few weeks than I've seen my husband! I guess it all started with Victoria's arm...

((( insert hazy dream sequence here )))

Victoria fell and we rushed her off to Urgent Care. The next day we were in seeing Dr. G because it wasn't getting better. Before we even got to see him though we got to run around the hospital taking and then tracking down x-rays. We finally manage to get some face time with our then nameless Dr except I'm totally exhausted and barely able to hold a conversation so learning his name wasn't exactly a priority. A week later we were in the Bone and Joint clinic seeing another doctor getting a cast. Just a few short days later I've got Evie in the Vision Clinic checking out her eyes. Any idea how difficult it is to try to dilate a tired baby's eyes? Yeah, well count yourself lucky if you don't. I do and lemme tell you - not fun. Three little days after that we are back with Dr G, this time Evie in to. We have a very successful well baby check up. Learned a little about the man, held up a decent conversation about the baby. That's probably the point that his name started to stick. But it doesn't stop there. Not but a handful of hours pass before I have to take Nate in to be seen for some little boy issues. Dr. G wasn't in that day so we saw the on-call and she was nice enough, but not nearly as cute. I most definitely prefer Dr. G-man. Finally today we return to the lovely office to try to find another solution to Nate's little boy problems and since we were his last patient of the day Dr. G was chatty. Such a nice man. It's too bad I am really sick of seeing him. I don't want to go back to his office again until December when Evie has another well-baby checkup. I officially used all the money that was generously given to me specifically for Dr visits. Betcha the man who gave me that didn't expect me to use it all in 3 days time huh?

Please let this be the end of the revolving door at the doctors... I'm so tired of going round and round. He could just come live next door to me and save me the $35 co-pay each time. I told him today he was starting to be an expensive conversationalist. At least he laughed a little. You see he's only been working in this practice since mid-August. He called me by first name today. That's a tell-tale sign of seeing a bit too much of him don't you think?

No comments: