Thursday, August 21, 2008

Who am I you ask?

My name is Laura. I'm a Mommy. That pretty much sums it up!

Well okay, I'll tell you a little more.

I'm crazy - or so I've been told. I stay home to raise my 3 young children. They are close in age (hence the craziness) Victoria is 13 months - well, 12 months, 29 days, 3 hours - older than Nathan, who is roughly 20 months older than Evelyn. You see how that works? You lose a little bit of your mind with each kid! Jeremy is my husband and has graciously lent me his Google email account for this blog, mainly because I didn't want the upkeep of a second account. Anyway he works hard at bringing in the money by working the overnight shift, keeping me happy as my husband and trying to keep up with all three kids. I'm not sure what he'd say is the hardest of those, probably me. You'll have to ask him someday. We've been married for 4 1/2 years now... I'm sure you'll see some posts on that later.

I lived most of my life surrounded by people who didn't value the truth and grew up believing that it wasn't really important. As I've grown I've learned that I don't agree with that life philosophy at all. So I am going to do my best to tell the truth. My dad will tell you I've always had a problem with tact... well yeah maybe as a child I did, but now I just tell the truth wherever I deem it's needed. I'm not good at sugar coating things. I don't like it when people do it to me and I think beating around something potentially hurtful is a waste of time and in the end causes more damage than the truth said with genuine care and respect. You ask me a question, you are going to get the truth. All of it. Of course I'm not some terrible person out to harm others so instead of causing conflict where it's not welcome, I back out of conversations a lot. So if you see me vanish from something you can pretty much figure it's one of two things: a) I'm busy with a baby, or 2)I'm holding my tongue. Ahhh.... I've been watching Paul on Mad About You too much... a) and 2) ha ha. Gotta love reruns....

No comments: